[texbirds] Austin area question - Ladybird Lake Mute Swans

  • From: Noreen Baker <gnbaker92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 22:23:03 -0600

I am fielding questions for Travis Audubon for the month of November and we
have a question from a concerned gentleman who is worried that one of the
Mute Swans is missing.  So my question is - does anyone track the Mute
Swans on Ladybird Lake or have any information about their current status?
I have never seen more than two or any indication of reproduction, which
given their reputation as an aggressive exotic may be a good thing (?), but
I'd like more information if anyone's got some.
Thanks,
Noreen Baker
Austin, Tx