[texbirds] Austin Least Bittern

  • From: Ken <birder124247@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:18:04 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

  Missed on Monday seeing the bird. So I got there at 6:15am. Heard it call as
I walked by on the east side of the cove. Went around to the cement pad area.
Sat down and within 5 minutes it came out to give good looks. At 6:40am it flew
across to the west side in the Orange flowered plants near the cement wall.
Also many hundred Purple Martins feeding and heading out for the day I guess.
Young Grebe and coots.

Kenneth Williams
Austin

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at