[texbirds] Anuhuac Swans

  • From: Vicki Crutchfield <vicki_crutchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 11:27:04 -0800 (PST)

 After looking at a few pictures, I am still uncertain if the swans I observed
were Trumpeters or Tundra.
However, I am certain there are sub-adults that I saw that I am not seeing in
any pictures. At least one of the two juveniles I saw was much more grey than
any bird I have seen in the photos. I am pretty certain I saw two swan heads
poke up that were also darker. There could be as many as 6 birds.

So now I am wondering if there are both species and they are just not all out
where they can be seen at once.

The high grass where they went in to nap completely obscured the birds after
they layed down.

Vicki Crutchfield
Live Houston (Harris County)
and work in Galveston, (Galveston County)

Cell : 409-789-1178