[texbirds] Another Bald Eagle nest in Bastrop Co.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:18:17 -0600

.
As far as I know there are at least 5 active nests in Bastrop Co. and am
beginning to wonder about a possible 6th near my place.  I am seeing two
adults very frequently from my place or nearby.  I do not think these are
the Webberville  birds (far east Travis Co.) birds as those rarely made it
over here before.  So in watching these birds they seem to mostly drift to
the NE which might put them on Wilbarger Creek (?) somewhere.   There is
another nearby nest on a private property about 3 miles away that has been
there for some years but I also rarely saw these either over here.   Eagles
everywhere :-)
Have not seen the Zone-tailed in a while.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas