[texbirds] A Plumbeous Thanksgiving in western Travis Co. (Local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 08:40:20 -0600

..
Diane and I went over to Jean and Shea Nance'es for a wonderful
Thanksgiving.  While on the patio with drinks we kept hearing a odd
sounding "Solitary" Vireo.  Eventually I whipped out the IPhone app and on
a hunch played back Plumbeous Vireo.  Within 10 seconds a nice Plumbeous
was literally right over our heads in company with a Blue-headed.  We did
not even need bins.  The bird sang a lot and even after a wonderful meal
toward sunset, it began singing again after a bit encouragement.  A lifer
for D and a wonderful desert in a wonderful day.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/