[texbirds] 5/25/14 Bentsen Bird Walk

  • From: Hannah Buschert <Hannah.Buschert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 15:46:49 +0000

Good Morning TexBirders,
We had a nice morning for a bird walk-not too hot and breezy.  We started off
at the Headquarters with a Great Kiskadee, Black Phoebe, Altamira Oriole, and a
calling Yellow-billed Cuckoo.  We moved onto the Resaca and saw a Mottled Duck,
Green Kingfisher, several Couch's Kingbirds, and a lone Chimney Swift.  There
were also PLENTY of Blue Spiny Lizards on the outside walls of the Pavilion
sunning themselves.  The group strolled down Kiskadee Trail for a Northern
Beardless Tyrannulet (which we saw!) and picked up a few Brown-crested
Flycatchers, White-tipped Doves, and Northern Cardinals.  We finished up the
morning with watching Green Jays and Black-crested Titmouse at the Nature
Center.  Good morning with a few life-birds for guests!

Species Count
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck       2
Mottled Duck    1
Plain Chachalaca               5