[texbirds] 25 Day Birding and Vacation Trip in Rockies and Great Plains 5/17-6/11/12

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: janhanson2@xxxxxxx, gayyork@xxxxxxxxxxxx, samahurin@xxxxxxxxxxx, sdbuckel@xxxxxxx, greenh2o@xxxxxxxxx, cdmoore3@xxxxxxxxx, ackandler@xxxxxxxxxxx, bloodsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx, b_comisky@xxxxxxxxx, ray.porter314@xxxxxxxxx, tzinneman@xxxxxxxxxxx, DReedster@xxxxxxx, wehamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hamilton.barb@xxxxxxxxx, eagarney@xxxxxxxxxxx, brendawson@xxxxxxx, chickadeejt@xxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, salliesherman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sarah.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tracey.Prothro@xxxxxxxxxxx, Christina.butcher@xxxxxxxxxxx, MaryAlice.Trumble@xxxxxxxxxxx, jacmcclellan@xxxxxxx, gary.stevenson@xxxxxxxxxx, bittaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 21:01:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Texbirders, Jan and I returned home on June 11 th from a 25 day birding
and vacation trip. We started in Salt Lake City and made a huge loop up
through  Utah, Idaho, Montana and then NW Wyoming through Yellowstone Park back
to Salt  Lake. The first 2 days were visiting family in the Logan Valley
North of Salt  Lake and then we meet up with a group and did the 11 day
birding trip  mentioned above. Jan and I then left and flew to Denver where we
spent a couple  of days roaming around local NWR's and a Butterfly exhibit. The
next few days  took us to Rocky Mountain NP, Pawnee National Grasslands and
then to Arapaho  NWR. We then met friends in Steamboat Springs and finished
out the last 3 days.  It has taken a number of days to sift through all the
pictures we took but I am  finally about done. I have put together a folder
with several different picture  galleries in it. There are galleries of
birds, butterflies, animals, scenery and  even one with pictures of the entry
signs of all but one of the refuges we  visited so you can kind of see where
we went without me writing a long  dissertation. The only sign we missed as
far as I know was the very first one  going into Antelope Island just out of
Brigham City Utah where we started. If  you care to look enjoy!

_http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/RockiesandGreatPlains_
(http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/RockiesandGreatPlains)

David and Jan Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belviieu Area