[texbirds] 1-24-13 SAAS fieldtrip @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:30:44 -0600

1-24-13 SAAS fieldtrip @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
Here's Sandi's report, with permission.  Add Cedar Waxwing and Lark Sparrow to
their list.  I was ahead of them feeding and had a Great Horned Owl.  Thanks to
Sandi and SAAS

What a great morning, a little breezy but lots of good birds. We had great
views of the Curved-billed Thrasher along a fence row. It cooperated so Don
was able to get it in the scope for everyone to see. Red-breasted
Nuthatches seen/heard in multiple locations. After walking the property for
over 3 hours we headed to Siam Cuisine for a great lunch.

Sandi Wheeler

4 Gadwall
12 Northern Bobwhite
1 Double-crested Cormorant
3 Black Vulture
1 Red-shouldered Hawk
2 White-winged Dove
15 Mourning Dove
3 Inca Dove
2 Common Ground-Dove
2 Golden-fronted Woodpecker
1 Ladder-backed Woodpecker
1 Eastern Phoebe
3 Blue Jay
1 Carolina Chickadee
4 Black-crested Titmouse
2 Red-breasted Nuthatch -- 1 heard and 1 seen in two different locations
2 Carolina Wren
1 Bewick's Wren
1 House Wren
1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
5 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
3 Hermit Thrush
3 Northern Mockingbird
1 Curve-billed Thrasher -- Seen by several
14 European Starling
1 American Pipit
1 Orange-crowned Warbler
1 Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)