[terrapin] Terrapin Times - Jan/Feb 2004

  • From: Terrapin Beer Company <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: terrapin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:58:46 -0500

TERRAPIN TIMES - JANUARY & FEBRUARY, 2004
www.terrapinbeer.com
Welcome to the latest issue of the TERRAPIN TIMES, the monthly email
newsletter of Terrapin Beer Company. If you do not wish to receive future
issues of the TERRAPIN TIMES, instructions on how to be removed from the
Terrapin Extreme Team membership list are included at the bottom of this
message.

In this issue:
* THANK YOU FOR A GREAT YEAR
* TERRAPIN BEER AND moe.
* TERRAPIN ON 96ROCK
* UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
* EXTREME CREAM TO BE RELEASED SOON!
* LET'S TALK BEER (CONTEST)
* HAPPY BIRTHDAY (CONTEST)

THANK YOU FOR A GREAT YEAR
We just wanted to say "Thank You!" to all of you Terrapin fans out
there.  It is your support that is allowing us to be as successful as we
have been during these past couple of years.  In 2002 Terrapin sold 163
barrels of beer; in 2003 that number jumped to 852 barrels, a 522%
increase! We realize those numbers are still a drop in the bucket compared
to other breweries but, honestly, we are not worried about what the other
guys are doing.  Maybe it sounds like a cliche' but anytime someone starts
drinking "better beer" it is a win for all of us.

So what can you expect from Terrapin Beer Company in 2004. We plan on
releasing the Terrapin Extreme Cream Ale on draft very soon, and releasing
bottles of both the Rye Pale Ale and the Extreme Cream Ale later this year.
And maybe at some point a third beer? A specialty/seasonal? On the home
front, we are getting closer and closer to the dream of opening a new
brewing facility in Athens. As our sales have steadily increased we are,
right now, very actively talking with bankers and investors. (HINT! HINT!)
It's only a matter of time.  We know that with your support Terrapin Beer
Company can become the brewery that we all dream about.

TERRAPIN BEER AND moe.
Terrapin is proud to announce that we are making the Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
available at the Fabulous Fox Theatre on January 31 during the moe. show.
Doors open at 6:30pm, moe. goes on at 7:30pm.  In addition, Terrapin Beer
Company is teaming up with "Chris and Lacy Present" to sponsor the official
moe. after-party at the Holiday Inn Downtown. Featured will be the
Soundmen, and of course plenty of Terrapin Rye Pale Ale will be available.
www.moe.org
www.chrisandlacy.com

TERRAPIN ON 96ROCK
Terrapin will be featured on the Dick and Justice show on 96Rock on Friday
February 6. It's a segment called BEER:30 and it starts at 4:30pm.
www.dickandjustice.net

UPCOMING PROMOTIONS

Terrapin is proud to be a continuing co-sponsor with Jake's Toadhouse in
Decatur of the Dunham's Grateful Dead Hour every Sunday night on Z93. In
addition, check out the shows that T-Dawg is putting on at Jake's.

1/29 - Rev. Mosier & The Ear Reverents w/ special guest Tater
1/31 - Women of Rock in the Round, featuring Caroline Aiken, Donna Hopkins,
and Diane Durrett
2/3 - Garaj Mahal
2/13 - Col. Bruce Hampton & the Code Talkers

http://www.jakesroadhouse.net
http://www.tdawgsproductions.com/

February 3, 10, 17 & 24 - Six Feet Under, Atlanta
TERRAPIN TUESDAYS!
Every Tuesday during the month of February at Six Feet Under, each customer
who buys a pint of Terrapin will get a free pint glass.  If you have not
eaten at this place before and you love seafood, you have missed out.  John
especially enjoys the catfish tacos. YUM!
www.sixfeetunderatlanta.com

February 21 - Tasty World, Athens
THE PIGPEN STUDIOS COMPILATION CD RELEASE PARTY!
The eclectic roster includes everything from rock, to hip hop, to acoustic
tidings, to rap... basically showcasing the broad ranges of Athens' musical
talent.  It should be a great evening of music. Performing artists include:
Ishues, Hey Revolution, Big Earle, Blue Hiram, Dan Wentworth, and Blood Thick.

All attendees will receive the compilation cd for free. In addition
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale will be available for only $1.50 per pint. That's a
deal that is hard to beat.

www.tastyworld.net
www.pigpenstudios.net

March 27, 2004 - Lenox Square
RED WHITE & BREW...AND A FEW GRAPES TOO!
The 9th annual Red, White & Brew will be held Saturday, March 27th, 2004
from 7:00 p.m. until 11 p.m. under the Wine Auction tents at Lenox Square
Mall. Tickets & Information:  http://www.theredwhiteandbrew.com

April 3 - Classic City Brew Fest, Athens Classic Center
Terrapin is proud to be co-sponsoring this festival with Five Points Bottle
Shoppe. The Classic City Brew Fest is where Terrapin began. This fest
offers a huge variety of beers to sample from all over the world. Held
INDOORS in the spacious, 30,000 square feet exhibit hall of Athens' Classic
Center, this festival is an enjoyable and comfortable way to taste and
learn about these exciting beers. Details on beer brewing and styles are
stressed at the event -- along with information on responsible drinking.
Attendees can also enjoy food, live music, and great door prizes and
giveaways throughout the day. A huge beer t-shirt and collectibles booth
offers great bargains to attendees as well. For more info:
www.classiccitybrew.com

April 24 - Flight for Sight
An experience like no other at Peachtree Dekalb Airport in an aviation
hangar.  Join in the fun with beer tasting from a variety of breweries,
supper, live music, and silent auction.  One lucky couple will win a flight
over Atlanta to top off the evening.  Proceeds from Flight for Sight
benefit Prevent Blindness Georgia's Vision Screening Programs.  Last year
we were able to screen more than 1,250 four year olds in Georgia's
prekindergarten program with the funds raised from this event.

If we have not had a promotion at your favorite watering hole yet, please
be patient. (Better yet, email us with where you want us to do a promo. We
will talk to the establishment and see what we can set up.)   Remember, we
are trying to spread the wealth. However, we are just two local guys who
love great beer.  We don't have a large marketing budget like the big
breweries do. Even so, there will be more promotions forthcoming.  Please
check our website at www.terrapinbeer.com for updated listings.

EXTREME CREAM TO BE RELEASED SOON!
That's right; it's (still) on the way.  Terrapin first introduced our
Extreme Cream at the Classic City Brewfest in Athens this past year.  We
also served it at the Decatur Beer Festival in October.  It was a hit at
both events.  We have been getting a lot of requests for the Extreme Cream
to be available year round so after talking with our distributors we have
decided to release it early in 2004.  We are waiting on the government
bureaucracy to give us permission to brew this fine product.  Our best
guess at this time is that the Terrapin Extreme Cream Ale will be in your
hands by mid March.  Stay tuned for more details. We promise that you, our
Terrapin Extreme Team members, will be the first to know.

LET'S TALK BEER
We are always in the mood to talk beer. Email us at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
about your experience with Terrapin: stories, compliments, or just why you
like the taste.  A free Terrapin T-Shirt will go to the top response each
month.  Be sure to include your name, address and phone number so we know
where to send the T-Shirt.

This month's winner is kp of Woodstock, GA. Remember kp, all we ask is a
pint of Terrapin a day.

"I got around to reading the Terrapin newsletter yesterday, and decided to
check out the website for any new information. While surfing the website, I
checked to see the locations where Terrapin is available. I was surprised
to see a second location in Woodstock, at Decio's Pizza, a place that I had
never heard of before, even though it was less than a mile from my house. I
did some additional searching and found a good review of the place. A later
suggested to my wife that for dinner we try out this new Italian place
that's close by. I told her that I saw a good review of it (but was careful
not to say anything about beer).

We pull up to the place, and she starts scanning the neon signs in the
window and saying "they have Bass... and Guinness", knowing that I hate
going to the places that she likes because they never have good beer, and
hoping I can find a beer here that I like. As we walk into this pizza
joint, a small family owned operation with about 25 tables, I glance to the
right at the taps and see the turtle standing high above the crowd of about
6 taps. Internally I'm screaming "Yes!" but I play it cool as we are shown
to a table. The waitress who seats us says she will be back for our drink
order, unless we already know what we want to drink. My wife says she will
take water, and I ask for a Terrapin (maybe a bit too quick). The look my
wife gave me. "You already knew that had that here! How did you know?" She
knew that she had been had, but not sure how. I tried to claim that I saw
the tap on the way in (the truth), but she was not buying it. I eventually
had to come clean and tell the whole story, but by then we had our food and
were enjoying a wonderful meal, and how we got there was no longer
important. At last we have found a place close to home where we can have a
good meal and a good beer and make us both happy.

Go Terrapin!
kp"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Every month Terrapin Beer Company will be giving away one T-shirt to an
Extreme Team member who has a birthday during that month.  Are you
registered?  Maybe.  If you receive this email you are a member of The
Terrapin Extreme Team but that doesn't mean that we know your birthday.
Make sure that we have all of your info updated by sending your name,
address, phone, and birthdate to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You will be entered
to win and we promise not to tell anyone how old you are.

The winner for January is Darrin Contino of Hiram, GA.  The winner for
February is Rebecca Whitlow of Atlanta GA. Congratulations Darrin and
Rebecca. Please email us with your contact info and what size shirt you
would like (M or XL).

That's all for now. Thank you for all of your support. Feel free to send
any comments, suggestions or questions for Terrapin Beer Company to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Or call John Cochran at (706) 202-4467 or Brian
Buckowski at (678) 522-3489.

Brian (Spike) Buckowski and John Cochran
Terrapin Beer Company

To UNsubscribe to this newsletter, please send an email to
terrapin-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the SUBJECT field.

To contact Terrapin, send an email to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx