[techtalk] Re: Fed up with Vista

  • From: Gavin Kinsey <gavin.kinsey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:27:07 +0000

On Saturday 07 February 2009 09:36:10 greg.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> _Something_ broke yesterday afternoon. Popped out for about an hour, came
> back, found the computer had gone into a sort of coma-like state - still
> on, still active, couldn't be woken, wasn't responding to even the power
> switch. So, force power down and reboot.
>
> What was changed before this? Tried to set up bluetooth to connect to my
> phone, which failed and so has been removed. Nothing else at all in
> weeks. With hundreds of photos to edit from this week and likely many,
> many more from this weeked I could really have done without this.

Do you mean the builtin Windows bluetooth support or installing the phone
makers software?  I've had no end of trouble with the latter.  Two computers
have been completely or partially fubared by installing that stuff.

The partial one I fixed by removing all traces of the software and drivers,
the other one ended up needing a format and reinstall.