Re: Well poop.

  • From: Steve Baker <ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:59:54 -0500

Neil Doane <caine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> So I got an unlimited membership at carfax.com this evening and started
> looking up all my old autos to see what ever became of them.  Turns out that
> my very first car, a 1982 Buick Regal was issued a "junk title" back in
> 1994, probably in a billion pieces now (that's apparently, according to

  Heh.  My first car, which wasn't really mine, but given to me by my
parents, a 72 Caprice, was bought from me for the sole purpose of driving it
in a crash up derby.  I'm pretty sure I know what happened to it.  It
doesn't bring back fond memories either. ;)

> carfax.com, a title type that is issued by insurance companies when an auto
> is "declared a total loss.")  That totally sucks donkey balls.  I'd love to
> get that car back...*nostalgic sigh*  My second car, an 89 Camaro, is
> apparently still in business and was issued a title in November of last year
> with a mere 90,782 miles on it.  Unfortunately, my _current_ car, a 1973 MGB
> is too old for carfax's database, which only goes back to 1981 when 17-digit
> VINs were standardized.  Too bad, anyone know where I could do a title search
> on the MG?  I'm sure it would be much more interesting.
>
> Anyone want a VIN looked up for free? =)

  I'm pretty sure I know where my Saturn has been, but I would be interested
in finding out who all had my '66 Mustang, I know of at least 3 other owners
before me, one of which did the restoration work on it about 10 years ago.
If you find a way to do a title search on such an old car, let me know.

                                                                - Steve