Re: G4's to hit 1GHz...

  • From: Steve Baker <ice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: technocracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:49:53 -0500

Neil Doane <caine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> * Hunter (hunters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on [10-11-00 09:18] did utter:
> >
> > Motorola catches up clock-wise with the rest of the world...
> >
> > http://cnet.Com/news/0-1006-200-3154333.Html?Tag=st.Ne.1002.Thed.Ni
> >
> > and AMD gets SMP...
> >
> > http://www.amd.com/news/prodpr/20165.html
>
> If Motorola is as far along with the 1Ghz G4 as AMD is with their SMP boxes,
> I wouldn't hold my breath.

  And why is that?  If AMD has demonstrated their 760 chipset, then I think
it would almost be ready for production, or at least not very far off.  They
have after all been promising this for quite some time.  I think early next
year we'll see dual processor Athlon systems.  I for one can't wait.

                                                                - Steve