[techdivision] Fw: [AT] FW: Read the Latest @Freedom Scientific Newsletter

  • From: "kaye zimpher" <kayezimpher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techdivision" <techdivision@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 22:00:00 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Zimpher Kendall J
To: kayezimpher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:33 AM
Subject: FW: [AT] FW: Read the Latest @Freedom Scientific Newsletter

From: owner-at-share@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-at-share@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Greenway Michael M
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:26 AM

From: Freedom Scientific News
[mailto:FreedomScientificNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:14 PM
To: Greenway Michael M

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media Contact: Brad Davis
Blind/Low Vision Group
800-444-4443 or 727-803-8000
www.FreedomScientific.com

Jonathan Mosen Joins Freedom Scientific

(St. Petersburg, Florida, August 31, 2006) - Freedom Scientific's open platform
approach to hardware and software has brought over another major voice in the
field of access technology for the blind.

Jonathan Mosen, previously of HumanWare, is the new Vice President of Blindness
Hardware Product Management at Freedom Scientific's Blindness/Low Vision Group.

"Freedom Scientific's products emphasize the strengths of an open-platform
approach to both hardware and software," Mosen said. "This approach showcases
the company's ability to leverage mainstream applications and technology
elements to provide technology solutions for those that are blind in a timely
manner."

"I'm excited to be joining the Freedom Scientific team," Mosen said. "Freedom
Scientific products enable blind people world wide to succeed in school, work,
and the community. It's great to have the opportunity to shape the direction of
Freedom Scientific's hardware products in close consultation with customers. I
am especially excited to be on board with a company that is so clearly setting
the pace for new product introduction and affordability in this industry."

Mosen has been involved with blindness-related issues since the late 1980s and
has been in the access technology field since 1999. He worked with the
Association of Blind Citizens of New Zealand and the American Council of the
Blind. One of his most significant contributions to blindness in New Zealand
was his work to reform the Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind's
constitutional framework to become the Foundation of the Blind.

"It will be great to have the chance to work with some of the sharpest minds in
the industry, both blind and sighted, to allow blind people to be more
productive, more independent, and more efficient," Mosen said. "I've always
admired the fact Freedom Scientific has blind people involved extensively in
the company at all levels. This sits well with my own personal philosophy, that
we, as blind people, must take control of our own destiny and improve the
world."

Brad Davis, Vice President of Hardware Product Management at Freedom
Scientific, said he thinks it will be exciting to see Mosen apply his ideas and
experiences in the less confining environment made possible by Freedom
Scientific's use of mainstream applications.

"Jonathan will help us make best use of both our hardware and software
resources to bring solutions to a broader range of users," Davis said.

Lee Hamilton, President and CEO of Freedom Scientific, said that Mosen has
great rapport with users and that he looks forward to Mosen bringing his
insight to Freedom Scientific's blindness products.

About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is the world's leading manufacturer of assistive technology
products for those who are blind and vision impaired and products for the
special education and learning disability markets.

Freedom Scientific® is a registered trademark in the United States and/or other
countries.