[TechAssist] Re: [tv-repair] RCA CTC157 chassis,video and audio mute intermittent

  • From: Ralph Dorsey <Merlin-Wizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 18:52:13 -0600

there are two diodes in the power supply circuit in series that i think
you need to change. One is 5.6 volt zener and the other is 6.2volt
zener,,remeber when you look at the schematic they are in series to
ground. they regulate the 12volt and 5 volt circuit at the same time.
Also there is a isolation diode that it think is marked something like
4118 or something like that,,,it is right next to the one of the metal
shields that isolates the 12 volt standby from the 12volt run

larry wrote:

> I dont have an answer for this chassis but I want you to know
> I am reading the mail.
> lol
> Is the screen black, I assume there raster when screen control
> is turned up?
> I would suspect tuner or IF. or loosing power to them.
> If on OSD is ok the sweep and hi-v is probably ok.
> If it were a video problem, I dont think you would loose
> sound.
> Good luck,
> Larry
>
> > Jim Myers wrote:
> >
> > RCA CTC157 chassis,video and audio mute intermittent
> >
> > Replaced Q2901 but no change, problem starts after about a
> > ten minute warm up, then it is just on and off at random.
> > HV, filaments, vertical, etc all ok as well as OSD, just
> > goes to a blank screen and no sound.
> >
> > Has anyone seen this? Thanks.
> >
> > Jim Myers
> > jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> >                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> > Service.
>
> --
> Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
> 5415 N. Wooster ave.
> Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
> 330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY

To unsubscribe write to:
techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.