[TechAssist] Re: techassist emails on Google

  • From: Administrator <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 12:20:02 -0400

That is the problem when we as a group use any free services that the
internet offers. The owners of the freelists mailing list want google to
index them. www.tech-assist.org and www.techassist.net our new url are
under our full control. That is because it is not a free server and we have
full control over what search engines see. We have eliminated all of the
free services we were using because we had little or no control over them.
The email list is really the only thing left that is not within our full
control.
    We should put our own email software up on our own servers and then we
would have the security everyone wants. If you really want a more secure
email list for us to use you will have to make express your opinion and let
us know. It is a bit of work and costs a little but we could do it if that
is what everyone wants.
    And remember that everything in our Members Area cannot be indexed and
displayed by any search engine.

J. Knoll  Administration
www.tech-assist.org
www.TechAssist.net

At 03:49 PM 8/23/02, you wrote:

>I got an interesting long distance phone call today from a very nice
>medical equipement tech that is working on his own GE TV. He did a
>Google search on the web for the chassis number and got back numerous
>I was surprised to find that a closed forum only accessable VIA
>passwords and/or membership is accessible to anyone online.
>I gladly helped this kind gentleman from Ohio who was a tech. He got my
>phone number,name,business name,address,etc from these mails.
>No problem here, but do, all remember "walls have ears" as we say about
>children in the house.
>Don't submit any scortching damnations  unless you want it read in
>general web-public.(such as " I charged her double because she was a
>pain... " she may be reading it!)
>Just a heads-up.
>Phil Bader
>--
>Philip Bader
>Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
>3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
>Voice/Fax (863) 299-8821
>email: philbad@xxxxxxxxxx

>To REMOVE your email address, click here:
>   http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
>To CHANGE your email address, click here:
>   http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html
>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
>Submit Repair Tips here:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/