[TechAssist] Re: sony kp46s15 shutdown

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:38:25 -0500

Check out the following:

      Last Update
      10/8/2001 Event ID
      E08912882 Model
      KP46S15
      Subject
      SHUT DOWN - TWO SEPARATE PROBLEMS, AUDIO OUTPUT & FLYBACK

SYMPTOMS

Immediate shut down.

RESOLUTION

Initially found a dc offset on audio output causing the shut down problem.
Replacement of the audio output restored operation. However, after a few
hours the unit shut down agian. This time the flybackk was running hot and
causing the problem.  Replacement of the flyback resolved problem.

Replace audio output and flyback. Dual failure has been reported more than
once in my area. FBT 8-598-939-00 audio output 8-759-190-89.

---------------------------

If not those, replace C663 (100mfd/35V) and C667 (470mfd/25V) in power
supply "G" board. You may have a bad jungle IC (the infamous CXA1477AS, Sony
part# 8-752-063-50). You can disconnect CN802 on the "E" board. If the set
stays up, you most likely have a bad video driver IC on one of the CRT
boards. If not, disconnect CN624 on the "G" board. If set stays up, you most
likely have a bad audio amp IC. If not, disconnect CN1757 on the "D" board.
If set stays up, you most likely have a bad convergence amp IC. If not,
remove the 3 CRT boards. If set stays up, you most likely have a bad CRT.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms