[TechAssist] sanyo model # DS35590, chassis35590-00--dead

  • From: Richard La Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:42:58 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,
 This set came in to me from another shop unrepairable with the FBT in a paper
bag stuffed in the cabinet and the hot shorted. I replaced the hot, checked the
fbt and re installed it. The set comes on and the picture starts to show and
shuts right down. I got as far as inserting a horiz drive signal to the output
of the IC (la76170n), where it feeds the horiz driver xistor, and the set stays
on. Something is shutting down the horiz drive and I cant get a NLA schematic
for this thing. Does anybody have a pin out of the IC showing the shutdown pin?
maby I can temporarilly disable it until I can find out what is causing it. I
remember other models shutting down because of a couple of pnp transistors
(Q371&372), but those were not instant shutdown cases like this. The other
repairman must have tried a new fbt, because when the drive quits you can hear
noise in it, but I think that is because of the way the drive is being shut down
TIA!!!!!

Richard La Placa
Continental TV
312 a Park Row