[TechAssist] Re: rca part# confirmation RCA P52923

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:56:05 -0400

Well, usually RCA has two basic "tactile switch" styles, flat mount, and
upright mounting.
Upright as the name implies are similar to some used at the front edge
of chassis, and you push forward to touch them. Their RCA# is: 215500
The other style is flat mounted, and lay flat against the PC board
surface facing upward.Their RCA# is 207842.
These RCA switches do get leaky and cleaning doesn't seem to help. I
replace all of them. While the old ones are unsoldered from the board,
clean it with degreaser spray,etc.
I researched your model at www.tritronicsinc.com but no switches shown.
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx