[TechAssist] Re: rca f 20551wu ctc 166b

  • From: "W. Blakey" <wblakey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:49:39 -0400

I believe that the set has a set of push buttons for customer operation on
the front of the set. These buttons are mounted on a plastic panel besides
the crt and if I am not mistaken, there is a plastic pin which pushes one of
the switches on this panel and tells the micro which version the tv is. The
front panel sometimes warps and will not push in the proper programming
switch so therefore a vol up may become a power switch etc. The way to cure
this is to look in the cabinet to see where the plastic pin is and bridge
the switch the pin is supposed to engage. This way the set will always be
programmed to work with the combination it was supposed to.
Wilf Blakey/Blakey TV,Kirkland Lake,Ont
wblakey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx