[TechAssist] Re: my own business

  • From: wpt19@xxxxxxxxx (WPT19. P)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

Is there any one that can  tell me why the prices of TV's, Vcr's  and
stereo sound equipment  has dropped?

I myself started in radio in 1945, maybe I'm the oldest  of this group,
since that time
imagine all the knowledge I've  had to acquire.
Little by little the  prices  go up and up, some times not as  much.
Rent, licenses, electricity, insurance, phone, water, waste collection,
gas, salaries, monitoring-alarm, and cable bills  increase  considerably
the cost of overhead.
But  the prices of the devices we repair go down, down, down. Nowadays
we're
between the sword and the wall. fix it cheap or I'll buy a new one!. The
result is we don't collect sufficient money for all these expenses, and
don't earn  enough profit for us.
In the end the business of TV repair will disappear

Pete

Perdomo TV  Inc.
Miami Fl.
wpt19@xxxxxxxxx

E-mail message

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From: neal.hartley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(Neal=A0Hartley) Date: Mon, Aug 26, 2002, 12:02am (EDT+5) To:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: my own business
Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been reading all these comments on how you all wish you had done
this and that when you were younger, and think you are trying to make
him stay put in his job. The way I see it is the TV repair industry has
give all of you a good living, paid the bills and the privilege of been
only answerable to yourselves. I say if you want to succeed bad enough,
you will survive and probly do well. We know it's hard work building up
a business, but it's only when you lose your ambitions and turn it into
a routine that YOUR BUSINESS turns into a job. You have to keep reaching
ever higher until, you have employees that do the work for you, and you
then have time to look back at what you have. Just go for it ...The
sky's the limit if you have the right attitude.
Regards Neal
From: randy a brown <randyabrown1@xxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, August 25, 2002 6:28 AM
I've been married for 13 years. My wife stays home with our 2 kids. I'm
the only one bringing in an income.
Randy A. Brown
Plaza Electronics
Athens, Tn
On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:33:09 -0400 "Tech Repair CD support"
<support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Randy,
You married?
My wife carries the bennies on the kids and me. Also, has the 401k, four
weeks vacation, that I don't. I started putting money back each week, I
figure I will invest the savings each
year.
Jeff
FAX 717-564-4952
Intrepid Video & Electronics
501 Luther Rd
Harrisburg PA 17111-2055
Be careful of your thoughts.
They may become your words any moment.
Order your tip CD today. Filled with TV, VCR, camcorder tips and more.
Version 3.0, ready, with more tips, user friendly program. $49.00 for
CD, plus first year of tip updates. sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info
www.tech-repair.net www.intrepid-video.com www.thetoolcaddy.com
www.9-11-2001tragedy.com
From: randy a brown <randyabrown1@xxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, August 22, 2002 4:26 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] my own business
i work at the only repair shop in my county. it's a sales and service
store and the owner is only interested in sales. the service dept
is only
there for the sales and half our work is given away to his rich friends.
i would like to start an "in home only" tv service business. i would be
the only worker. has anyone tried this? what do you all recommend?
sorry
about being off topic, i can't get answers anywhere else and i'd rather
talk to people who know what they're talking about. thanks. randy brown
brown electronics
(currently i work at plaza electronics, but hopefully soon it will
be
brown electronics)
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today!
For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html