[TechAssist] Re: mitsubishi model CS-20SX1 TV won't stay on FIXED

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:15:14 -0400

Thanks to the many replies I received on this, especially to Gary McCartney
for the schematic, which helped me to understand the various tips posted
about this set.  Fix turned out to be cleaning cap leakage on the PC board
from around Q505 and replacing C520.  Apparently, C520 had leaked some to
the area of the pc board around Q505, causing it to conduct and shutting
down the set.  The way it's set up, with a 390K pullup resistor to the base,
makes it very susceptible to easily being forward biased and shutting down
the set.  I guess Mitsubishi didn't think about the problems with the leaky
caps they were using!  Thanks to all of you again for your help.

Jerry Eiting  geiting@xxxxxxxxxx
Christian's Electronic Service
Troy, Ohio