[TechAssist] lift truck

  • From: <wjstv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:37:06 -0500

My mother-in-law is a sculptress and, several months ago, she mentioned the
problem she has moving the sculptures around her studio and moving them up
and down to get easy working access to them. I told her I'd been considering
buying a lift for several years for moving tv's, showed her my folder of
info about the Escalera, the Genie, the Wesco, and the Harbor Freight
hydraulic carts, and explained the advantages and disadvantages of each. I
told her I was leaning toward the Wesco because it went all the way to the
floor.

We went over to her house on Christmas Day and, when everybody was handing
out presents, my mother-in law said mine was on the back porch. It was the
Wesco lift. What a surprise!

The lift works great. It's the Wesco WPL-54-2230. Takes very few turns of
the winch and little effort to lift console tv's and heavy table models. The
lift's weight makes it very stable even when tv is at maximum height. The
tires are big enough to deal with the uneven patches of our parking lot.

Of course, we're already thinking about making an adaptor to substitute a
bolt turned by a cordless screw drinver to replace the crank handle.

Jeff Smith
Smith TV Service
1930 Main St
Newberry, SC 29108