[TechAssist] Re: hitachi tv ts-5260 ch c94/95r intermitant shutdown

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:52:49 -0500

Ray,

I am sorry.  I suggested to check the relay & relay driver.  I totally
misread your post.  Peggs suggestion certainly has merit and brought my
error in reading to light.

How long does the set operate before "shutdown?"  I believe true shutdown
condition (i.e. HV protect) would unlatch the power relay and you would
have to unplug to reset the uP.  I would recheck connections and ESR caps
in the deflection area and power supply.

HTH,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:19:20 -0500 peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Scope Horizontal Drive all the way to Flyback
>
> Peggs
>
> At 11:49 AM 10/21/02 -0700, ray clarke wrote:
> >
> >I'm stumped, the set shutsdown but relay stays on and
> >all voltages are good except of course those from the
> >FBT. Searched for cold joints, bad connections etc..
> >Anybody seen this one before. Thanks
> >Ray Clarke Billette tv Howick,que

> >Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
> >http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
> >------------------------------------------
> >To REMOVE your email address, click here:
> >  http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
> >To CHANGE your email address, click here:
> >  http://www.techassist.net/forms/change.html
> >------------------------------------------
> >***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
> >Submit Repair Tips here: