[TechAssist] Re: fix? Toshiba CF27E55, TAC9510 line. no vertical deflection

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:45:36 -0400

Zenith fused the vertical circuits in their first solid state sets after
cutting off a few necks. Right away we had to replace them with a larger
fuse to keep them working.

For some reason, design engineers don't seem to take into account naturally
occurring spikes that will take out a small fuse. Used to have stereos that
had 1A line fuses in them, which would seem like enough, since they rarely
drew more than 150 ma when you measured the line current. But they kept
coming in with blown fuses until we started replacing them with 2A fuses.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH