[TechAssist] Re: fisher rcvr rs727 wont turn on -standby only

  • From: "Dave Jacobson" <dave-nielsenelectric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:09:28 -0500

Common failure on these old fisher amps was the system control IC would
lock up then not get a good reset. The only cure I found was to put in a
little momentary switch to ground the reset line when this happens.
Fishers cure was to replace the IC but I think it was a 100pin surface
mount. Find IC701 on the front panel and ground pin 17 for a few seconds
see if that restores operation.

NIELSEN ELECTRIC Wahpeton ND
701-642-8773     fax 701-642-1431
dave-nielsenelectric@xxxxxxxxxx