[TechAssist] Re: ctc177bb vert freq

  • From: Daniel <danielstarca@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 20:30:22 -0700 (PDT)

These sets are known for 'Korean' Diodes in the
Vertical Power B+ supply circuit.(Provides the Power
to the Vertical Deflection I.C.)These Diodes check
good but fail intermittently.This usually causes the
fusable Resistor(In line with the Diode) to gradually
open up over time.I beleive the Diode is CR4704, and
the Resistor is R4703(I don't have the manual handy,
but the Resistor is 2.7 Ohms in sets 25" and smaller,
and 3.3 Ohms in 27" and up)This resistor also can
measure ok  but open up under load.If you haven't
already, change this diode to a heavier one (2.5 Amp.
PIV 1000).
 By the way, did you tap the tuner while the set was
acting up?This set is also known for bad grounds
inside (and around the edges) of the Tuner.
--- Doug <dek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Eprom??
>
> GntLag@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > the vert freq goes way off periodically.lasts a
> few secs.pix color and
> > horiz freq ok.found no cold solder joints.all ihvt
> voltages ok.found no thermal problems anywhere
> including T chip.all parameter adj work fine

> > Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and
> great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of
> buying online with Shop@Netscape!
> http://shopnow.netscape.com/
> >
> > Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account
> today at http://webmail.netscape.com/

> > To unsubscribe write to:
> > techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.