[TechAssist] barcus-berry piezo buffer preamp

  • From: "markbrock" <markbrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:50:37 -0500

need value of resistor that attaches to center leg of main out pad switch,
burnt away and cant read board designation

I am not familiar with this thing, actually never heard of this brand ?
model 4000XL  has 1/4 input, 1/4 output and XLR main output jacks,  I
suspect an input was crammed into an output ?  anyway the resistor that the
main out pad switch has attached to its common leg is blown away, along with
C8 that filters pin 2 of the XLR output jack,  R14  is to dark to read the
color bands so took a beating, measures 3 ohms?  R13 is brown black yellow
blue yellow? ( gold ?)  measures 460 ohms, and looks fine  R8 is in series
with the mystery resistor when pat is in the -12DB position,  same in color
reads the same a little charred but I think its carbon from the nearest
resistor that burnt off the board,   either way you read it the third color
is yellow but its not in the K range ?   now for what I need..  ( a
schematic ) there's another resistor beside R8 that burnt black, and the
board charred enough that cant read its location,  I told the customer it
would cost 40 - 50 bucks ( thinking this simple device probably cost less
new )  he said go ahead !!  I'll guess if I have to but crossing my fingers
that one of you music pro's have one of these in stock or a print of what
that resistor value may be ? it is attached to center leg of the main out
pad switch on front of unit.
thanks
brock
Brock Electronics