[TechAssist] Zenith model A27A23W module 9-1997 vertical collapses

  • From: Ttkirkpat@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:57:38 EDT

This unit works fine for 1 minute or so. Then the vertical starts folding
over- like  a filter is leaking. Within 10 seconds, as total collapse is
about to occur, the set of course goes into shutdown.  I changed the vertical
ic with original. Also all of the filters- 6 of them. Same result. Cooling
makes no difference, however rocking of the board will delay the effect. I
resoldered all of the surface mount caps and resistors with no improvement. I
feel silly to ask, but has anyone seen this and have the fix?? Thanks for all
help  Mike from the Video Center  e-mail  ttkirkpat@xxxxxxx
  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html