[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Z56Z83R Projection TV - Need instructions on removing front grille.

  • From: Bill Boyd <billstvs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:48:49 -0500

Jon,
In the mid nineties Zenith projection sets the whole speaker grill would
just pull off.
But some people had trouble with them falling off or the kids would pull
them off.
So they changed them.
You have to pop the grill insert (with the speaker cloth) off then remove
four screws
then the plastic frame will come off. The insert is really hard to get off
but just
keep pulling and jiggling and it will come off.

HTH
Bill
Bill's TV Service
Sulphur Springs, TX