[TechAssist] Re: Zenith SR2773DT Main Module 9-1553

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 15:28:05 +0000

I see that problem on occasion, Defenitly CRT.. We've hyposthisised on the
cause as either Cathode contamination or possiblely even a gas problem. I'd
be intrested to know if anyone has found the real cause doesn't act like the
short problem caused by the coating on the inside of the crt spalling off
that causes the tubes to short but I suppose that it could be something that
has gotten in/on G2

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Daryl Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Zenith SR2773DT  Main Module 9-1553
Date: Sun,  8 Dec 2002 09:09:45 -0600

Buck,
The first time I encountered that problem, it really ate my lunch.
After several days of checking and subbing, I subbed the CRT and that curred
it.  The old CRT checked perfect.  It must be something internal to the tube
other that the electron gun.  I have seen a couple of others over the years
and it also proved to be the tube.
Hope this helps.
Daryl
Daryl's TV