[TechAssist] Zenith MOdel # Z52Z95D7/1998 tv

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:38:49 -0700

Need some suggestions on this tv. Will power up for just about 10sec
long enough to see the pix and then shutsdn.The color is not that
great.looks like the blue is weak.I disconnected the anode lead to the
divider and the high voltage will stay up ok.Maybe a bad divider.I took
a measurement on the 2 wire connector that comes off the divider and it
measures 50.3k,which normally means that its good.Now, if I disconnect
all 3 crt bds and power up the set,sound and high voltage stay's on.It
will shutdn with green and blue crt bds connected but if I disconnect
the green and blue and leave the red crt bd on,the pix comes on and
stay's on,of course all red screen.I don't think that there are 2 bad
crt's.The color outputs on the green and blue crt bds are ok. Any tips
and idea's would be apreciated.
Thanks
Mando
Birdie's TV & ELectronics