[TechAssist] Zenith IQB32B44W

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 30 Jan 2002 14:20:04 -0800

Module number  9-2105.  I still have this set with a very unusual chirping
sound. High voltage won't come up, checked everything, even disconnected the
tuners and replaced the vertical out. I.C.  Disconnect Module from set and hit
power button, set pulsates with chirping noise. I can measure secondary
voltages trying to come up from Flyback for a short moment then shuts
down.(About 5 seconds)  When module is connected to CRT and Yoke, it comes on
and stays on, but still no high voltage and chirping still there. I have audio
when the module is connected and set won't shut down for about a minute or two.
H.O.T gets very warm. I suspect the flyback. I called my parts distributor and
ordered the original transformer (95-4438-02) and they sent me a 95-04622-01. I
checked resistance between the pins and there not the same. I called Zenith and
they said that 95-4438-02 which is obsolete crosses to a 95-4606-02 but is also
obsolete (Set is only 2 years old). I have another unit in my shop with the
95-4606-02 that works, which is supposed to be the sub for the 95-4438-02 and
tried it in this module but didn't power up or start osc. and obviously no
chirping. So I put the original back in and now back to the same chirping and
no High voltage. Zenith want to sell me the whole module for 175.00 and I only
estimated the job for 185.00   Has anyone had this problem with this type of
unit or know of any suggestions. From now on, I am telling all my customers to
stay away from Zenith products. Obsolete parts within 2 years, give me a break.
Neil     Zenith, in my opinion has surpassed Curtis Mathis as being the worst
set on the market.

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469

SUBJECT field to the address above.