[TechAssist] Zenith B27A112, 9-2109-02 , dead, chirps@ turn on only, other. FIX

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:48:03 -0500

And less we forget those modules sent us are for many different models
and screen sizes, so now I may need to go into the service menu, reset
everything, realign, etc.
I happened to have all the parts in stock right on my shelf, and it
really wasn't too bad. I spent about  30 minutes with it and no special
order with the distributor.. Resistors and IC new... Investment: $10.00?
I just know some of these Zeniths, and are comfortable troubleshooting
them. I wouldn't spend the afternoon,tho. I guess with all the things I
fixed, it sounded like a days work. Nawh!
;-)
Not for Suuuuuuuper-tech!
But I agree, with some of the Zenith PTVs I wished I just ordered a
hundred dollar board and not have to re-do the old module  over
again...Then again, there's a  more expensive TV and more room for profit.
Phil Bader