[TechAssist] Zenith 20" combi TVR1920-2 "play" won't switch from tuner

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:45:02 -0500

Made in 1994,
on back: FDA code GX.
Original complaint was ate tapes, sometimes  erratic channel changing.
I removed deck, opened, cleaned mode switch. According to the alagnment
holes, seems in time.
Powered on the set. Has tuner picture,and can change stations. Insert
tape, takes it, loads and mechanically plays tape, but the cable tuner
picture stays on the screen. Does not change over to the cassette tape's
movie.
I did change the IC101 (KIA7806) because srchives said causes strange
problems. Same.
Need assistance.
Phil Bader

--