[TechAssist] ZENIITH 9-1132

  • From: Tranbarger Electronics <dtran@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:05:25 -0700

Hello all,

This set came in with no video.  Bottom side of board had corrosion(smelled
like something died under it, but no other evidence of it). I repaired the
solder joints in this area & restored video.  It still had an intermittent
interference that occurred in video & audio every 39 seconds.  Late last
night while replacing a suspect cr3434 got it in backwards and shorted STR
& tripped breaker on iso. trans.   Replaced STR and checked everything I
can think of.  Still shorting STR & tripping breaker. Tried bringing up
voltage slowly STR shorted at about 45v.  Any help would be a blessing.

Running out of patiences and STR's!

Doyle Tranbarger
Tranbarger Electronics
211 N. Davis