[TechAssist] Re: Windows 2000 pro cant load drivers for cd/rom

  • From: "Chris Gorsch" <cgorsch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:17:46 -0600

Mitchs Elect CD Problem--Have U tried this?

Ski

25th August 1999

From the "This Drive is Driving Me Nuts" department, Lockergnomie Kerry
Rogers knows of a way to get CD-ROM access in Safe Mode. "Here's the secret
(with Windows 98): before your PC begins booting up into Windows, depress
the CTRL key to access to the Startup menu. Choose 'Command Prompt Only,'
then type "win /d:m" (without the quotes) and press ENTER. Windows should
start in Safe Mode with your CD-ROM drivers. If you still can't access your
CD-ROM drive, it means your real mode CD-ROM drivers aren't installed. For
installation instructions, send an e-mail message to mshelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with Q190303 in the subject line (and nothing in the body of the message).
Microsoft's automated help system will send back the instructions."

BLESS AMERICA, PLEASE GOD!
SKI-CHRIS GORSCH
ZACHARY, LA.
cgorsch@xxxxxxx  If Replying, Please Include Copy of Message