[TechAssist] Re: Viewframe Spectra - Need specs for AC adaptor

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:22:54 -0400

Can you open it up and look for a 3 pin regulator IC such as 7812 or
7809 or other type of regulation? That would tell you the voltage the
unit runs on, then add a few Volts dc to arrive at the adapter voltage.
I would add about 4V, so if it uses a 7809, then I'd try a 13V adapter.
This would be ok as long as there are no other components in the unit
that run on the raw (unregulated B+) which could be too high. For the
current, you could place a mA meter in series with the adapter to see
what current it draws, then go 1 1/2 times or higher that amount for the
adapter current rating.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada