[TechAssist] Vidikron Cystal Two A LCD Projector *** Lamp Change Problem***

  • From: John & Sharon Mikowich <spacenut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tech Assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:43:45 -0400

Make: Vidikron
Model: Crystal Two A

Problem: After installing new projection lamp, unit shuts down after
approx. 5 minutes.

Hi Everyone;

     This lcd projector came in for " LAMP REPLACEMENT INDICATOR" tells
me its time to replace the lamp. Ordered a replacement lamp from bulbs
direct, installed new lamp, projector will operate for approx. 5 mins.
then shut off, no overtemp indication or anything else, though might
have a defective lamp assy, so bulbs direct sent a new one, still same
problem. What I would like to know is there anything may be in software
or hardware that I have to reset when the lamp is replaced? This is the
1st one I have ever worked on & need some help. Also what would be the
best way to clean the filters, mirror, etc inside the unit, they are
very crappy.

Thank You In Advance
Have a Good Weekend !

John Mikowich