[TechAssist] Re: Using a Palm PDA as a remote control

  • From: Scott Beebe <Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mouton's Electronics <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:34:14 -0400

Hello,

I have tried one I from tucows on my visor but the distance was so poor I could
just reach the buttons on the TV. But it does work.

 Thanx,

Scott Beebe
Ohm Electronics Inc.
609 W. Clinton St.
Ithaca NY 14850
Voice: (607) 273-8406
Fax: (607) 273-8743
WWW.OhmElectronicsInc.com
mailto:Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mouton's> John

Mouton's> I found one of those universal remote control
Mouton's> applications at www.tucows.com
Mouton's> once. Don't remember what it was called but
Mouton's> shouldn't be hard to find there.

Mouton's> If you don't find one let me know and i will see if I can find it in a
Mouton's> collection of palm aplications I have at home. I may have one.

Mouton's> Jason
Mouton's> Mouton Electronics

Mouton's> ----- Original Message -----
Mouton's> From: "John Myers" <myers_tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mouton's> To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mouton's> Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 8:56 PM
Mouton's> Subject: [TechAssist] Using a Palm PDA as a remote control

>> Does anyone know if there is a program out there which will let me use my
>> Palm IIIe as a universal remote?
>>
>> Such a program would be really handy on calls. I already have IR monitor,
>> which lets me test infra-red output. Works like a charm, plus it impresses
>> the customers.
>>

>> John Myers
>> Myers TV Service        Since 1984
>> Alliance, OH