[TechAssist] Re: Ultrak color monitor, Md#KM2100CM

  • From: "William Rayburn" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:09:43 -0800

Thanks Jamie,
I answered most of my question regarding the vertical IC yesterday.  TDA8174
and TDA8174A
have two different peak values, and amp ratings.  The TDA8174AW is referred to
as a clipwatt
style and is just plastic backing verses the metal backing with screw-hole
mount, thus the
"W" suffix.
As to the resistor I believe I'll try the 20kohm and monitor the heat build-up
on my
vertical IC.  With what was left of the burned resistor that I could get to
with my dmm I
guessed at the value around 10k and was going to try that this morning.
Thanks again for the info Jamie!
Bill

William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member