[TechAssist] Re: Udate on the Magnavox FP5230 chassis PTv620 continuos blowing ofQ802

  • From: "John Conti" <contitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 10:31:07 -0500

Pete, I never heard of a manual convergence board blowing a HOT ... There is
no real direct link between the circuits....????

1. Convergence board runs off 11-15 volts...not 130v.
2. If the matched outputs for each color would short, there would be massive
pix distortion with convergence, not a blowing of the HOT , even though we
have 'dual' yokes. )defl. and conv. built together.)
3. The only direct link would be the + and - scan derived horz. pulses from
T801, but if there buffers on the convergence board wew to short, those
lines coming from T801 are fuseable resitors protected. These would go
first, only .27 ohms, less than half an ohm.
I believe that there is another force at work here causing this part to
fail. ther is not anything I can think of on that board, even if you had a
chorted yoke, that would do this.
Only things I know that will knock out this HOT and nothing else is:
1. c811, off the collector of Q802.
2. T801 if it has a load breakdown internal short.
3. arcing of high voltage from any on the anode cups to one of the yokes.
Only about 3/8" gap thereto jump, that directly is linked to the collector
of Q802.
4.Checking of all higher voltage carring wires proper lead dress
positioning..this has caused some problems also...

Good Luck

John
Conti,sTV
Texas