[TechAssist] Tualatin Adapters for Socket 370 FC-PGA motherboards

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:14:06 -0500

Has anyone had any experience using the new Tualatin Adapters for Socket
370 FC-PGA motherboards?

These adapters will allow the newer Tualatin Pentium 3 or Celeron
processors with 1.45 V core to work on the older Socket 370 FC-PGA
motherboards which had 1.7V core setting.

I'd like to know how reliable these adapters are and if one would work
with an Intel motherboard model D815EEA2, which core voltage only goes
down to 1.7V and is therefore not compatible with the 1 Ghz Celeron
Tualatin processor I would like to install on it.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada