[TechAssist] Re: Toshibas,CF3566A,CF3572B,(TAC9190)shut down issues,fixes

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:02:41 -0500

Thanks for clearing that up Phil, and Q840 IS a common failure component
just like any standby regulator. As far as knowing which pin was the
problem, right, not really important, however most techs would probably
assume that Q840 is good after reading approximately 5 volts on the VCC out
pin not knowing that one of the other pins is a reset output for the micro
which can keep the micro locked up. By the way, my wife ALWAYS knows when I
do something right, last time was......hum..............around '64 maybe!
Jim Myers
Since 1972
Telrad Electronic Services Co.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815