[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba TW56D90 TAC9490

  • From: "Phillip R. Hull" <phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:41:15 -0400

I have the same problem on a 55H71  and I will have to replace all 3 anode
wires , remove old sealant and reseal.   This unit makes a loud pop before
going out.  Look carefully around the anode cap for disturbed dust or a
track in the dust around the cap.  If you can definitely find the  bad wire
and cap you won't need to replace all three. This unit was at another shop
and all the dust was disturbed so I could not find the bad wire.
Phillip R Hull     STET
phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX 517--569-3075
Professional Technicians only