[TechAssist] Toshiba TP50F90 color intermittent

  • From: "Ian Scott" <service.depot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:34:09 -0500

Hello,  This set is in the customer's home and intermittently loses
color.  When there is no color, the black and white picture has a noise
in it that appears like you're looking through a screen door.  Both the
main picture and PIP will lose color.  When I remove the rear cover to
work on it, after 10 minutes or so the problem won't occur anymore.  I
have tried to heat up the pc boards with a hair dryer, but the symptom
won't return (until I leave).  I suspect the comb filter.
The customer normally watches digital cable and he has had the cable box
replaced.  I have asked the customer to try using his DVD to see if it
loses color as well, but so far the results are inconclusive.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ian Scott
Service Depot
252 Lasalle Blvd.