[TechAssist] Toshiba Projo Model TZ43V61/ Convergence Problems

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:36:59 -0700

This set came in with bad convergence and pix curved at top and bottom
of screen.
 This was last friday.I replaced both STK-392-110 and a 5amp fuse that
was open.
I left it running for the weekend and this morning it was off. I powered
it on and I can hear the high voltage come up and then shuts dn.I
removed the fuse that I replaced ( F840) and the pix comes on and stay's
on but of course with convergence way out.So,eighter I got a bad STK or
something else in that ckt is causing the failure.I don't have another
set of the stk's in stock and before I order them again,is there any
other part that I should check that may be causing the problem? The ic's
are in the power\convergence bd and its quite a job to remove the bd to
install this ic's so i want to make sure that I don't have to do this
again. If anyone has any tips or idea's on this model,would you please
let me know.Thanks.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ