[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba CF3072B Chassis 9231 Color Problems

  • From: Neil Bowman <tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:49:45 -0500 (GMT)

I went and replaced C058 and C504 in the IF module and no change. Walter Wood
suggested a .01mfd off pin 12 of IC501 but this set doesn't have a cap off of
pin 12. The drives to the kine board come from what appears to be a PIP module.
I wonder if my problem could be from that. The picture kind of looks like those
Zenith projo's with an open bias resistor on their kine boards or an old RCA
unit with a bad x or z demodulator, if you can remember back that long. I
remember the old RCA tube chassis having a bad wire that always corroded and
had to be replaced.   Neil

Heat and chill IF module.
WinStips has a tip with C058 and C054 bad on IF module

Peggs

At 04:53 AM 3/27/03, Neil Bowman wrote:

This is a second request for this problem. Red, Green and Blue screens all
look good (no purity problems) Grey scale looks good. Color only shows
green and purple. Color control works min. to max. color. Tint has a
slight variation when adjusted. I remember working on older sets with
this problem for color not osc. I already replaced the crystal X501 and
jungle IC IC501 but nothing changed. Anyone have a simular condition as
this for this make and model? Thanks, Neil
TV Doctors
Monroe,Wa.
tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
For automatic password retrieval 24 hours a day, go to:
Access the archives here: