[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 50H82 (TAC0263) was dead, fixed,now cust says not all modes work well

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:32:17 -0800 (PST)

Phil
 Was this set subjected to lightning or a power surge,do you know? If so the
sat box could have been affected also.
                      Paul
Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
here's part of my orig. post: Set was orig. dead with fuse open.
/I replaced C408 (.0082) scan cap(seems OK) Sony says will blow F470.
Resoldered most of the converg. board (sony says jumpers have bad solder
conn). Cleaned both sides of screen and lenses. Smokers: Nicotine
stained along with all the boards brown. So, soldering, cap and fuse
replacement restored operation.
/Now customer has had it a week and says on their Dish TV sat box, the
set doesn't play well on /all /resolutions/. /Husband said/ this set
should work on all rates, and has played with them all.Seems picture
trouble is with "720"./I guess most other rates work OK. Set reception
to "720" the set takes "5 or 6 tries" to settle in to a picture, and
then it's not that good.
Since this is a satalite with a box, could there be an incompatability
issue here? They are bringing the set back to me.
I have a Sencore VP301 pattern generator that can sync all the modes and
will check them. Must this model be capable of displaying ALL these
modes? Will report more once I have it here.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)