[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 36A42 TAC0246 immediate shutdown,more info

  • From: "Larry E" <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:59:20 -0500

Hi Guys, still fighting with this set, Can anyone confirm whether this set
will operate without the yoke attatched?
I pulled the board only as the customer could not help me carry out the set
The problem has been narrowed to the Def Vcc circuit, if I unsolder pin 37
of Q501 DEF Vcc,  (TA1310N) my 19 volt line comes up, The 19v  line does not
read shorted, I replaced the IC but it made no difference, (HOT & Fly have
also been changed), Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated, customer is
starting to whine because I`ve had the set for over 2 weeks waiting on parts
etc., I`m going to start pulling parts from pin 35 to the horiz. driver
transistor but checked most of them before I pulled the board to the shop,
Thanks in advance , Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428