[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 32A42 Severe pincusihion post lighting... Schematic

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:18:58 +0000

Appears that the EW pulse to the pin circuit(componets have volatage and
test ok) is missing which as was mentioned may very well be the jungle, not
sure if it is also causing the overheat shut down problem so could have the
jungle and the flyback ?... (or how much to trust the fly after an over
current conditon)

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 32A42 Severe pincusihion post lighting...
Schematic
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:20:11 +0000

Not sure yet will get back to it on monday. Still a multimode thought on
failure..... either the drive to the PIN out is bad, the diode and coil that
feed back from the HOT to the PIN circuit are overheating(Pin out is cold),
as is the HOT. Picture starts as a very deep but symetrical although narrow
Hour glass after about 4 or 5 min it goes to an even narrower band (no hour
glass) then gets slightly narrower then shuts down at which time the HOT and
mentioned componets are very hot (see earlier post). So either their is an
overload in the PIN circuit or there is a bad flyback and or Yoke. If the
Whole chassis was working That would be an easy test, but a few more tests
since getting the schematic printed and assymbled are in order, the owner
might contact you by phone on monday depending on finding

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: <agower@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Schematic?
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:21:10 -0700

I have the TOSHIBA 32A42 CHASSIS WHAT PART DO YOU NEED ? the PICTURE TUBE
WAS BROKEN ON THIS ONE!
agower@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cordova TV
Adolph Gower